How can I change my attitude?

My boyfriend has the annoying habit of questioning everything I do and it pisses me off! I hate being made to explain every decision about stupid crap. I asked him to tape Grey's Anatomy and PP and he forgot. I said it's OK I recorded it at home. And he said then why did you ask me to record it. Bc I wasn't sure if I would have time to watch it before I spend the weekend at his house. Then it's why wouldn't you have time? Um, work? Then why didn't you watch it last night? Are you freaking kidding me??? Anyways it always leads to an argument and I know he's not going to change...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Your attitude seems perfectly fine.... Don't change for anyone especially a man who doesn't deserve you!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• He's just on the defensive because he forgot to do it. But maybe ur kinda adding to his list of stuff to remember to do. If you're at his home maybe you should be doing things more as a couple and going out. Your tv time you can relax and do it at home because it's dvr'd anyway.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 11:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• That would annoy me to no end. He has to learn to stop that!

Have you tried returning another question? Like let him ask why and give him the answer. If he asks a second why then you can say "this makes me feel like you are suspicious. Why do you do this?"

If he wouldn't change I would leave... can you imagine all that nagging when you also have a toddler asking why? why? why?
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't think you have an attitude problem. I think he probably never grew out of the why stage! hahahahahahaha.

What you can do is give him all the information up front. Could you please tape so and so show for me at your house so I can watch it there in case I get home late from work and can't watch it at home before going to your place for the w/e?

All the information is there. So he won't be asking the questions.
    My DH drives me nuts with this as well. And he has asked that I just include all the information up front so we can avoid the argument.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 11:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it's a matter of, you don't want to have to explain yourself to him for everything, and he doesn't want to have to do something just because you tell him to. I know I hate having to do something just because I've been told to do it. I start the why phase as well. :-)
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 11:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• well my husband does the same thing ...my husband will ask me to do something like this one time i was at a home repair store...he says "Go get someone to see if they'd help us with these doors." so i go and look and look and look for a sales person. I find one and the person says he will be right with me after he's done so im like "ok." so i head back over to my husband to find he's already got some other sales person there talking to him. THANK YOU HUBBY FOR ASKING ME ANYWAY!!!! its a bit irritating but i dont create anything of it...no fights, nothing, i already know he is that way and instead of yelling at him i ask him "why did you do that?"

i think your boyfriend just needs an answer and what you were thinking at the time, not really expecting it to turn into a fight.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Wow! That would annoy me too!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It is good that you are trying to change yourself because you are the one you have control over. Your reaction is the only thing you really can change since trying to change him will only hurt or annoy him in return. I have the same problem with my hubby. I think it is very normal because men really dont understand us or the way we think alot of times.
    Try to leave notes or e-mails detailing plans or ideas and if he asks too many questions tell him to go back to what you wrote. Use fewer words but give more information. Go ahead and tell him. At least he cares! And when you feel like you are going to blow up pretend your family is all standing behind you watching.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• he sound self centered
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011