Domestic relations

why do they even exist? i mean honestly there are so many dead beat dads and moms out there. my ex hasnt paid in a year he sent two hundred dollars last june i havent seen a dime since and before that it was years. he gets my son every other weekend picks him up and drops him off at mcdonalds in our town i have called domestic and told them this but thhey do nothing.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• There is a process they have to go through. I know its frustrating,especially if you need to rely on that money. But never rely on it, you can't b/c its not stable. Just wait until income tax,it will be taken out and into your account.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 12:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• he doesnt have a job he wont get one so he doesnt have to pay
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am in the same situation as you except my ex has not paid since 2006. He sees our dd every other weekend and once had the guts to ask me why I had not bought her a coat yet and that I need to support her better. She had a coat, but she did not need it b/c the weather was fine. Come to find out, his mom slipped one day and told me that he is working just being paid under the table. Then his sis-n-law said he is refusing to pay b/c he does not want to support my new husband. Child Support Services does nothing. They believe it is better for him and her to see each other and for him to set the example that it is ok to not support your children.
    momma2grlz

Answer by momma2grlz at 3:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011