Do you ever get tiredof people trying to control what other's do and think their way is the only way?

I am so tired of people saying only buy your pet from the shelter. If you got it at someone's house it wouldn't have to suffer the shelter life. Also, they can pick up anything from the shelter. parvo, rabies, etc. I do think people need to adopt from the pound but i also think if they got them from homes they would less'n the amount of dogs dropped of out on country roads starving and fighting weather conditions. I have rescued many dogs off the roads and I have 11 and 14 puppies. People tell me I have too many dogs. Who are they to tell me how many is to many. I gave these dogs forever homes and they are well taken care of. they have their shots and wormings and good food and housing. isn't that better than getting eaten by a coyote? Any pet shop I go to only take puppies from homes, not puppy mills. so getting a puppy at a shop like tht is ok with me. you just have to investigate.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 11:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pets

• of course if people dont critizes others they can die.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree with you, and you sound much like my daughter, she has been known to stop the cars to remove a cat who has been hit. When you live in a big city the pound is usually the only option for a lot of people, they would like to think they don't euthanize them but they do! My daughter just adopted a 2 month old, now in order to get a baby like this you need to check their site constantly for any new arrivals, but rescuing an animal is rewarding because you know you saved a life.

Answer by older at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• People will always believe their way is best. Personally I think the number of pets you have is based on their needs being met. My two dogs need constant love and care and if I didn't have time for them I would say I have one too many. I applaud anyone that loves animals and treats them well. I agree that I have seen filthy shelters and it's not really the best place, in fact getting a shelter pet is a gamble and it can go both ways. Their excuse being "too many animals" isn't enough to not keeping things clean. Getting a pet from a shop can be a wonderful experience, too. Sometimes a pet is more responsive in a pet shop and you can see their true personality rather than a shelter where they are overcrowded and stressed. You are also more likely to see the whole litter there and view interactions.
    Best wishes.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree! but I think people SAY to only adopt from a shelter.... but what a lot of people actually mean is to adopt rather than buy no matter how you do it. You can have too many animals though, and that's when your life starts being over run by pets, I'm not syaing this is you but it can and does happen. I worked at an animal shelter for quite awhile, and I know as a person that loves to rescue animals, how easily the want to save everyone can turn into a problem really fast when you end up with too many pets to keep up with. Also be careful with pet stores. Many pet stores will say that the puppies are from the "so and so family" which is a lie. The "family" is really the owner of a puppy mill.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thanks ladies. most of my dogs are really old and no one wants them but me. yes, i have daily accidents to clean up and it is ucky but i do it for the dogs. i am home all day and live alone so i have lots of time to love them all. you should see my blanket covered couch right now. it is covered with sleeping pets. i can't wait til it;s warm out so they can stay outside more. i spend more on cleaning fluids than i do on groceries. lol i wish my memory card in my camera would work in my computer, i would show you cute pics. i think when i did a clean up of my computer i got rid of something important to make my computer load my pics from my card and i can't find my cord since i moved. i can't find a lot of things since i moved. lol
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If the puppies have what they need and aren't going without I don't see what is wrong with that.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011