Is 16lbs to much for a 3mt old? But he is very long as well

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different. As long as your pediatrician is not concerned, you shouldn't be. Especially with a baby. Most babies have a way of thinning out once they start walking.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• What does your doctor say? You SHOULD be going in for another well baby checkup soon. If your baby is proportional then no, 16 lbs is NOT too big. If your baby is heavy but small that's another matter.

BOTH of my kids have been in the 90+ percentile for height and weight since they were born. My 7 year old son looks like a 10 year old, my nearly 4 year old daughter looks like a 5-6 year old.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• my 11 month old weighs 17 lbs so i would say yes but as long as the pedi isnt concerned and you are not over feeding then it should be fine. Babies slim down alot when they start crawling/walking.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• nope:) not imo anyways....my ds was 16lbs at 4 months and my dd was 17lbs at 4 months just sounds like you have a healthy baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Wow! That IS a big baby, but babies grow and fluctuate, etc. He may well stall for a little while at some point and grow into the weight. My daughters weighed 16 pounds when they turned 1. And my son was about 10 months old when he weighed 16 pounds.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• no pedi say he is fine his height makes up the diff i guess he is in 95% for height and weight i was just asking cuz my middle child is and was so small he is still 22lbs and he is 2 and mason my 3mt old is only like 5 in shorther than my older son....its just crazy and anyone who see him says hes 5-7mts old and im like nope he just turned 3mts old lol kinda funny i guess but i do agree every child is diff!! thank you ladies!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. Not at all. Your baby should double his birth weight by 3 months. Since my smallest baby was still over 8lbs, 16lbs at 3 mos is not big IMO. My oldest and youngest are always 98%, it's just normal for them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. They should double their birth weight at 3 months. Was he around 8 pounds when he was born?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• yes he was 8 even!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have big babies and they have all been in at least 90% or over in weight and height. You are fine as long as it doesn't drastically change. Like a big dip in weight while height increases or reverse.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 3:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011