Motivation

I am currently unemployed and my dd is at school most of the day. I am finding it difficult to be motivated to do the simple things of life like cleaning my house, not sleeping all day, getting showered and dressed even if I am just staying home all day. Most days I even forget to eat breakfast or lunch.

All you SAHM how do you get motivated?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 12:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry for you. We all go through this at some point. I would start with the doctor and have them check your thyroid, which can affect this behavior too. Talk to you dr. about depression too. I never had it, but found out it was the thyroid med needing adjusting. I also cut out soda during the week. This REALLY helped. I learned, all those artificail sweeteners and food colorings can casue tiredness, and arthritic pain. Then try to find a hobby that interests you. This may spark some other feelings of wanting to get more done in the day. It helped me. Good luck mamma, you're not alone.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You sound depressed to me. I always set goals for myself on days that I feel icky or tired.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Check out flylady.com! Very helpful in getting yourself motivated. Also, reading and listening to positive things & people is helpful. As pp said, you might want to see your family dr & talk about how you are feeling. Maybe just a simple thing like adding vitamin B's could be helpful, but please see your dr first! :o)
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am clinically depressed and have been going through another med change
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Depression is "all about me". (Poor me) Quit future and past tripping and stay in the moment. Maybe you could think of others in your life and get out of yourself. Everyone has challenges, it takes time to develop good coping skills and to grow. Some people would rather sit behind a "title" as an excuse for being lazy and non productive. Start fighting yourself ! Your quality of life is your choice. By playing the "depressed" card it is a cop out.
    I was curious. Are you overweight? Sometimes it is a core a problem that people tend to dismiss as the center of their pain. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If you want a better life it is up to you to make it happen. Gratitude instead of self-pity goes a long way. I am not trying to be mean. Just find your strength. Life is too short to be "the victim" all of your life.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011