I always fall sleep when I'm sitting doing nothing like watching TV, is this something to worry about?

I'm only 41 and every morning I wake up and get the kids to school then try to watch the morning news and fall asleep. My dh will wake me up and start talking and I just pass out. This goes on every day and it lasts for several hours then I will force myself up and start doing things.
But If I sit down again and try to talk to him or watch TV I'm falling asleep again.
I'm fine sitting in front of the computer or doing other things.

I'm putting this in just for fun rather then health so I get more people to respond because I am worried and hate DR'd but will go if it is serious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No, just means you are bored. People sleep when they are bored. Find something more active or fun to do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. I do it too. It's a sign you're a busy mom who never gets to sit still!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• See your dr! It could be that you have a sleeping issue like sleep apnea, and not getting enough sleep. Or maybe you aren't eating enough calories. Could be lots of things that only you and your dr can figure out together.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do the exact same thing~ if I try reading a book, watching a movie or lying down I always fall asleep~ I normally lay w/ my daughters to help put them to sleep and no matter what time it is I always fall asleep~ my hubby thinks I do it on purpose but I honestly cannot help it
    sparkle0940

Answer by sparkle0940 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Sounds to me like you're just not getting enough sleep at night. I do that sometimes too...we can be sitting on the couch watching some loud action movie, or even having a conversation and I start to pass out. It usually happens when I've had a really dull couple of days - not going anywhere and not doing anything. I suggest having more exciting days...or as exciting as they can get anyway, so you can sleep better at night.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, this is something to be concerned about. It is called Sleep Apnea. You need to get a referral from your physician to have a sleep study performed and you need to either get on a CPAP or BiPAP. They will issue you a prescription when you complete the sleep study and they will let you knwo what type of equipment you need.

If left undiagnosed it can lead to heart trouble, blood pressure issues and even death in some serious cases.

I know all of this for a FACT because I work in the healthcare industry and see the cases daily. I issue people CPAP devices. :)

Please have it checked out.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Meanwhile, I do not have sleep apnea and am just a busy, tired mom who doesn't get enough shuteye!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Could be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency or something more serious. I think I would go be checked out. Just to be sure.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011