Aiplane with toddler.....?

i am flying to Hong Kong on the 28th from Belgium it takes about 12hours... i will be flying all night... does anyone have any idea if it's possible for a toddler to sleep in the airplane like is there a lot of noise? and if he doesn't sleep what should i do? just let him walk around in airplane...? it's dangerous but i can't let him sit for like 12hours that's impossible and how should i feed him(in case he doesn't sleep)?... no chairs...
how to change diapers? is there a place for it?...
i just keep thinking about it... my husband tells me not worry and "we'll see" but aaaarrr so frustrating... any tips what i shouldn't forget and what i should really take with me?...

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Travel

• There are changing tables in the lavatory.

You just have to get creative if you have to feed him. I'm assuming he has his own seat?

And if he can't sleep, by all means *quietly* walk with him up the aisles.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• he doesn't have his own seat ^^"....
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You should be able to get up and walk around with him a bit. I would for sure, just to get your blood pumping on such a long flight anyway. Make the flight attendants your bff! We usually download our little ones favorite shows on the iPad to keep her happy (w/kid headphones). For changing diapers, I always did it in the bathroom with a changing pad on my lap. A bit tricky, but, it is what it is, and it was less stressful having a bit of privacy.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Changing the diaper is the worst. Maybe it's different on an international flight, but I went to SC with my then 1 year old. I changed him in the tiniest bathroom ever. I couldn't lie him on the floor. I changed him hanging from my arm. It was funny actually. I'm sure he will fall asleep. The motion will probably knock him out. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You can walk around on the plane. But most babies will just sleep and if fussy than can use pacifier or feed and that might help. Be sure to use a pacifier or bottle for landing and taking off and you should be fine. If have room can do what we did when they were younger we took a baby blanket and laid them on the floor and then were fine. as for changing can change in bathroom.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011