Who do I contact about child custody?

I have temporary full custody because there is a no contact order and a protection order against my ex because of domestic violence. However, I want to make it final and I don't know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am doing this on my own. Thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to speak with a lawyer to make sure that you do everything you can and need to do legally to keep him out and keep full custody. You also should get child support if you arent already.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• check with someone at your courthouse because i am going through the exact same thing however in the state of MN since my son's father and i weren't married i have full legal custody. period.
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Contact a lawyer many of them offer free consultations also go to the local police station and get a restraing order against your x
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• friend of the court maybe?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• The protection order is a restraining order.... I am so broke so a lawyer is out of the question unless it is free or VERY cheap
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• contact Attorney
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• well, you can still contact a lawyer just for a free consultation.at least he can let you know what your next steps should be. maybe also give you some numbers you can contact
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011