Can anyone help me with a job?

Hi. I just found out that I am going to be laid off. I have 60 days to find a job within the company that I have worked for the last 10 years or I get laid off. Finding a job within the company doesn't look good since they have a hiring freeze right now. I am a single mom and I am scared to death. I don't know what I am going to do. I have no savings. I am barely making it now. So I need some help. Any one know of any jobs in NJ? Or have any ideas on how I can support myself and my son? Thank you.

jamie28

Asked by jamie28 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It’s too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I'm sure that won't replace your income from work, but it's a whole lot better than $0. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My husband got laid off a little over a month ago with out any warning! You apply for unemployment the VERY FIRST DAY that you are out of work. Then you go to Social Services and apply for any assistance that you might qualify for! That is what it's there for! Don't feel bad about it, just do it!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would agree with amydh. It is hard for people to find work these days and even harder because alot of people don't hire towards the end of the year. One thing I learned from being a single mom is that you have to stay positive. DO NOT dwell on the fact that you don't have savings or how you are not going to make it. That will not help your situation. I know from experience. You attract what you think about. When I worried myself to death about what wasn't going right...things got worse. Once I change my thought process and believed in my heart and soul that I was going to be alright...they were. As a matter of fact I never felt more free and relaxed in my whole life.

Also pray about it, prayer changes everything.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 6:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would be scared to death also, but at least you have a little time. I'd suggest work at home, but unless you have other insurance that may not help. If you receive state insurance (or can) or maybe your ex provides insurance you should try West at home, Overflow, staff at home the list goes on and on. Go to works4mom.com and click Real Work @ Home Jobs or KeeperBay.com and click @ Home Jobs. On KeeperBay, I have also added an at home Job widget on the right hand side. 24/7 at home job datafeed. Check it out anytime for updates.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Perhaps you are interested in a global business you can run from home in an industry that everyone is a part of (one way or another). I totally stand in agreement with the offer of prayer. That IS the most powerfull thing you can do!! Let me know if you are interested in more information 'bout this business. Blessings to you and yours from the Lord God!!!
    Janie
    unlimited

Answer by unlimited at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• relax....depending on what you make you will get more on unemployment---so if worst comes to worst, there is that, for a while. You may even get free job training out of it.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Consider something new. I work with Tupperware and LOVE IT!! I'm making only a few hundred dollars but I work it part time. If you worked it more you could make more. Check out my site my2.tupperware.com/amyroca and let me know what you think. I am going to start working my biz more because my hubby was laid off recently and now I want to help build up our savings. There is GOOD money to be made and people want a quality product. GOOD LUCK with everything but I hope you will check out this amazing opportunity. THANKS!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree with amydh. However, you can register with a temp agency now and they can start contacting you with jobs. I am in PA and unfortunately am at the end of my unemployment, it's even scarier then when I first got let go... jobs are scarce.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2008