What ideas for discipline would you use for a 7 yr old if time out and grounding arent working?

hellokitti666

Asked by hellokitti666 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son is 8 and we take away the most important toy of the moment... early bed time no tv no Wii
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• exactly what pp said...gotta hit 'em where it hurts :)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We strip their rooms down. If they are bad and grounding doesnt work I go take computers, tv, stereos, mp3 players etc and they have to earn them back.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• U have to keep it up. Take away things like t.v. toys,video games,computer.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ok thank you guys for the replies I am at the point where i just dont know what to do thanks for your answers
    hellokitti666

Comment by hellokitti666 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• agreed. i do what previouse posts do as well. Now, only a warning is needed!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• read the book magic 1,2,3 by thomas phalan just the soft cover book dont go crazy with the other sale stuff on Amazon

This book is awesome ---your time outs are not working b/c YOU are not doing it correctly or you're abusing it too much
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 1:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We scrub walls = ) my 6 yr old HATES it, but he has been making an effort to control his temper.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It depends on what they are being disciplined for. For us, we talk to our girls about why we don't like a certain behavior and how it affects others. We usually try to find out WHY they did it and if there is a way to fix it so it doesn't happen again. Hunger, tired, bored, needing attention, frustration....those are usually the big ones. Those are easy to fix. If their needs are met then they don't have such issues....of course I don't know what behavior prompted this question so I can't say for sure what we would do.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 1:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• For my seven yr old it really depends what she is acting up for.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011