Have you had a hystorectomy?

How long were you bed rirren and when did you start driving again

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 12:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• I was in the hospital for 5 days and in bed for about two weeks. I felt obligated to push myself, and suffered the consequences later with adhesions that reacently needed to be removed. Take it easy in the recovery, and even though you will be tempted to get up and out, don't. Also, take lots of phazime & stool softeners after! Hystersisters is a great resource! Or feel free to ask me any questions!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was in the hospital 3 days and drove the day after I got out. I was a single mom and had to take my son to and from school. I would take a nap after I dropped him off for about another week. After that I felt fine and just didn't lift anything really heavy for awhile. At least I got 6 weeks off work so that helped.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was not the hospital but over night. As for recovery just do not lift for awhile, steps take it easy on, as for driving they said as soon as I could apply pressure to the break I could drive again. so only about a week or so. To me well work the pain to stop the pain I was in.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes i have i was only in bed for 3 days.After i got home i was advised to prop up my legs and rest as much as possible.I was off work for 6 weeks.and one week after surgery i felt good enough i foolishly mowed my back yard ..Nobody ever do this!!I was in bed for 4 days after could not move.Felt as though something was ripping out my spine.Do not overdo.It was very stupid of me to do what i did.I also had a bladder lift,with the mesh ,not the sling thing.I was driving after 3 weeks.Just could not pick up anything over a gallon weight.My surgery took 5 hours.Now here they let a robot do all the hysto's here.So glad i had a surgeon do mine.Having a robot do it would scare me.Good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I had an overnight obsservation and was sent home....some pain killlers needed.no lifting,pushing,or pulling for 6 weeks and they even told me no driving for about 2 weeks.....I came home and tried to stay down as much as possible...hard to do with a young autistic child....I highly recommend laproscopic procedure if you can get it done that way.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I had a radical hysterectomy, but I'm a single mama with a poopy doctor so; I was originally suppose to stay for 5 nights, but my doc sent me home 3hrs afterward. When I got home I went back to normal life because well I had to, but 2 days later I was re-admitted as the sickest person in the hospital basically bleeding to death. So be SUPER careful, I know it sucks to be bed ridden but you need time to heal! As for driving the main rule is, you need to wait for 24hrs after you took your pain medicine. Yes you can injure yourself by driving but their main concern is driving under the influence. Take care, hang in there and if you have more questions feel free to ask.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 11:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2011