Do you have this problem with your skin (on your face)?

I am 25, and ever since I was like 12 years old I have dealt with what I think is dry skin (on my face). It isn't really severe or anything, I have just put Clean & Clear moisturizer on my face every morning after my showers for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to describe it, but after my face gets wet, the skin feels so weird. It feels really dry and tight. Does this mean my skin isn't getting enough moisture? The skin on the rest of my body feels fine! I've started using Neutrogena's Extra Gentle Cleanser, which is supposed to put moisture back into my skin, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference..of course, I've only used it two nights in a row so far. Is it possible the Clean & Clear moisturizer is taking the moisture out? It seems to really help my skin feel not so tight after my showers though.

If anyone has any tips for my skin, I'd really appreciate it!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• You are probably using too stringent of a cleanser. It's stripping all the moisture out of your skin. Try something like cetophil (sp?) and a moisturizer for sensitive skin.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well the winter is much more harsh on our skin especially the face. The key is to moisturize a lot as soon as you get out of the shower or right after you wash your face while your skin is still damp. The moisturizer can get into the skin pores that way. I have always used regular Original Curel moisturizer & it works well. You should also use a makeup foundation with a moisturizer in it in the winter. I also recommend Dove bar soap. It doesn't dry out your skin but cleanses well.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My skin gets like this in the winter, and I use a concealer that makes it worse and my facial cleanser doesn't help either.
    I use Lancome Premium Absolue moisturizer a couple times a week after I shower - if you put moisturizer on right after a shower it helps to lock in the moisture. I don't use it every day or everytime I shower because it's really powerful stuff, but it doesn't make a difference.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Be very careful of most skin products because they are full of petrochemicals, parabens, and a whole host of other things that have no business coming into contact with human skin. Also, be leary of moisturizers' claims that they hydrate the skin; truth is most do no such thing; whatever water is in the product is quickly absorbed and all you're left with is product on your face - the molecules are too large to be absorbed into the skin so they are not providing any moisture benefit to you whatsoever. Your best bet is to wash with a gentle cleanser (I personally use Aubrey Organics brand and no longer have the need to moisturize at all - not even in winter - because the product works so well) and if you still need a moisturizer, try something like organic, hexane-free coconut oil. And as far as Dove recommended above, it is one of the harshest soaps you can use. Stay clear.
    Anonymous

• you need a moisturizer!
    Anonymous

• Me too. I must moisturize the second I get out of the shower.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I use this in the winter.  My skin hasn't felt dry and tight since I started using it.

http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/aqua-marina

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• more moisturizing hun mine is the same way!
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2011