Would this offend you?

I bought my friend a roaster for her wedding gift. Well, she posted a picture on facebook of her cat sleeping in the roaster. UMM First of all.........GROSS!! Second of all, really? It's one thing if you find your cat sleeping in the roaster, which by the way, it's also a buffet which means she had to take the lid off and the buffet trays out so that the cat could lie in it. But to actually post the pic on facebook where everyone, including me, can see it. I think it is so offensive. Why doesn't she just put litter in it and let her cat use it as a toilet! I know someone is going to say, "Well, it's hers now and she can do what she wants with it." Yeah, so what. She shouldn't have posted the pic on facebook for me and everyone else to see. I wonder what other people are thinking knowing that I bought it for her. Disgusting! Guess who will never be eating at her house??!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I have had plenty of cats and they WILL sleep in odd places but for her to post a picture of it on Facebook, that was a slap in the face to OP.  A lesson in tact is a definite.  I don't feel like OPs feelings were taken into consideration at all.  While it might be cute to her that her cat is sleeping in a gift it's kind of common sense I would think, that the person who BOUGHT the gift might be a little offended.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well someone is getting good use from the roaster. Seriously lighten up on this. She is your friend and didn't mean to insult you. She loves her cat like you love your child. Please don't lose a friend over this. It wasn't meant to hurt you.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, not at all... I'm not really even sure why it's bothering you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Looks like OP is going to vote down everybody who doesn't jump on the lets-bash-my-friend bandwagon. Really mature, OP.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I had cats. I think it's really cute. my cats used to curl up in the oddest places. The small bathroom sink, boxes, anything with sides. I would have done the same thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would not be upset by that, I think she had no idea that would be so insulting to you. I sincerely think she found it amusing and rest assured, I am sure she will be sure to wash it in hot soapy water before she cooks anything in there. Don't start a feud over this please, there is enough anger in the world..this just is not losing a friend over.

And why not look at the bright side, the roaster was out so clearly she has used it, instead of in the box in a storage area or returned to the store for a different gift. Now if she posted a photo of what she traded it back to the store for..that would be insulting.

Unless you felt it was an intentional dig at you, like she knows you hate this cat or she has a serious grudge against you for some reason, I think this in her perspective (different from your perspective)...well, just a funny photo op.

Different strokes for different folks as my mom used to say.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be offended. It's her roaster, you gave it to her, she can do what she wants with it.

Maybe you're not a cat lover, but let me tell you, if she is, then snapping a cute photo of the cat sleeping in it probably just endeared that roaster to her that much more!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Perhaps she had just taken it out and opened it up to clean it and get it ready for use and then the cat got in while she was busy with something else! Either way, it seems petty to be upset over it when she's probably already washed it and life has moved on.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I doubt she was trying to hurt your feelings. Perhaps she was cleaning the trays in it and that is when the cat jumped in. Cats are funny like that.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't be offended at all. My son got me a crock pot for Christmas. I opened it & was reading the insert & before I knew it one of my cats got in it a tried to lay down. The first thing I thought, was to grab the camera from my husband & get a pic of it. And, I posted it on facebook!  I just put it in the dishwasher & sanitized it before we used it.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011