Do you let your dog on the furniture?

I do not...dont want his fur on it and dont want his nails to tear it up! It bothers me when my friends who sometimes bring their dog over let him on my furniture and think its okay when i have made it clear that it is not!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pets

• I have two small dogs and they are allowed on any furniture we own. We consider them family just like the kids, so we clean up after them. One chore we have it using those new sweepers for the couches to remove any hair from shedding, which isnt much. They are tiny dogs. No one brings their dogs to my house so I dont have the same issue you do. If they did they wouldnt be allowed in only because my dogs are easily aggitated by other animals.

Answer by gemgem at 1:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I allow my dogs on the furniture because we love them and they r members of my family. But, those people letting their dogs on your furniture after u told them not to,is total disrespect for u and your home. I would not let them bring their dogs anymore!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Mine is allowed on couches and beds. We would never take her to a friends house or let anyone bring a dog to our house though. She is aggressive towards other dogs. If we had one that it was not an issue though I can not see why we would not have them follow the rules of the house. It is just like kids when they go with you to a friends house somethings are no touch things.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Ours aren't allowed on any furniture because my dh has asthma and allergies and all it takes is one hair to get caught in his throat to set off his allergies/asthma.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 1:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Mine is allowed. He cuddles with us on the couch and bed. He is part of our family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Our dog is allowed on some furniture. I think it is extremely rude of your guests to assume it's okay for their dog to be on your furniture! Maybe next time you have to tell your friend to leave their dog at home, or outside, or to obey the no pets on furniture rule. You could even tell them that you just had the furniture deep cleaned and don't want the dog up there....if you felt uncomfortable confronting them directly about it.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 1:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Nope. (Well, when we had a dog.) I didn't want my furniture getting dirty and worn. I would be really upset if someone brought their dogs over and let them on my furniture, even if I allowed my own dogs to. It's just rude. And who brings dogs over to someone else's house anyway? (Unless they are out of town guests).

I'd tell them nicely to keep their dogs off my furniture or keep them at home.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Mine is not allowed on the furniture. If you friends won't honor your wishes, tell them they are not welcome to bring their dogs into your house.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We allow our pets on the furniture in our home since they are part of our family. I would never bring our dog to a friends home and assume he could go anywhere he wanted, thats just rude. I vacuum our furniture daily to keep everything tidy as I cant stand to have pet hair all over the place.
    Mom2NandJ

Answer by Mom2NandJ at 1:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• never
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011