Can it hurt...?

I don't know if i am prggy but maybe... i went to the dentist and had some fillings done and i was wondering if the deadining can hurt the baby??? I am scared plaese help....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so.I would take a test first to find out for sure. But I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 4-5 months pregnant with my older two.If you are, call your Dr before you have anything else done.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I got dental work done while pregnant. I actually had to. I got an infection in two of my teeth. Actually, having an infection in your teeth can be very bad. So it is good you got you teeth fixed so it lessen the chance of any problems if you are pregnant.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 4:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Usually no, I got some work done also. its the x-rays you need to watch for. If your not sure, don't get x-rays until you take a test.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Call your OBGYN if you are concerned. My OBGYN gave my dentist a sheet saying what I could and could not have done. Did you mention to the dentist that you might be pg? I had oral surgery when I was about 19 weeks along and they just had to give me a different type of anaesthetic.

Bolman

Answer by Bolman at 5:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008