Job Interview: the mystery email !

Hey ladies,
Last SATURDAY I received an email from my "dream company", informing me they received my CV, I was shortlisted and they'll invite me for an interview in 2 weeks.

They did not mention a specific Vacancy, and I don't understand why they'd email me on a Saturday to let me know that in 2 weeks I'll hear from them.
Also, do you know whether they check with my References at this point, i.e. before the Interview, or after ?

Thanks for all your answers; I really need this job !

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds pretty weird to me...
    But anyway, in my experience, they check your references after the interview.

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Most companies will check references after the interview...why bother with that extra work until you are a candidate for the job.

They often do contact you in advance, they are lining up other applicants most likely.

GOOD luck!!!!

Answer by spottedpony at 1:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• They always do it after the interview, they need to know if u r qualified before they go through the and check with all your references.

Answer by dancer at 1:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Businesses are opened on weekends too. Hold tight, they will probably call, if they don't then call back in 2 weeks! GL!!

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It depends.....for my son - they checked references BEFORE he was interviewed. My husband does that when he interviews also. Want to make sure the interviewee is worth your time before inviting them on the interview.

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011