Is your home usually always guest ready?

Is it usually neat? If a guest shows up unexpected do you scramble to clean or just leave things as they are? Ifyou know someone is coming do you make your house super clean?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 4:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I tend to just "freshen" my house, like run a Swiffer on the hardwood floors and vacuum rooms that need it. I always have a spare set of clean sheets, and we never leave a messy house before we go to bed so we're always ready for guest, whether they're expected or not.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i try to keep clean. As much as possible with 4 little kids running around. if I have an unexpected visit, I am noramlly picking things up around me, and putting them where they go. But for the most part my house stays OK., Now the kids room..That depends on the week? lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Pretty much yes and no! lol PPL for some reason love to show up unexpectely and I hate that. I bust my ass keeping my house clean but it never fails that when ppl show up its a mess! I do so much but they prob think Im lazy! lol But yea I def do a little extra when I know someones coming over
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i'm with steph on this question ..lol..
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• laughingi wish.

tangietrull

Answer by tangietrull at 4:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The floors and toilets yes are clean. The rest of the place is terribly cluttered, although if I have advanced warning I can grab a box and push most of the stuff into that and hide it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• HA, more like never.

sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 5:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• well it all depends on if I've been working iff I have you better not come over if I'm not then it usually looks pretty good. but if I expect guest then i'm on a marathon cleaning spree
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I keep my house spotless pretty much all the time for that VERY reason. I never want my hubby or my kids to be embarrassed if someone stops by to see them...

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Super clean no, I used to but after child #3 and then #4 I gave up on spotless clean, lol. I do make sure that the bathroom is clean, that the floors are clean and able to be walked on, there usually isn't a large mess sitting around, but I don't go making sure all the laundry is finished, cleaned and put away, nor do I spit-polish my counters and go on a dusting frenzy... I just make sure it's as I would like it to be when going to others homes, able to sit and walk and go potty w/o being on top of a mess.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008