Enfamil vs. Goodstart?

My daughter has been on Enfamil lacto free for about 4 mos '' she is 6 mos old'' She is very constipated and still spits up. My doctor gave me a can of nestle good start formula soy and told me to give it a little trial. I am a Enfamil fan. Is one healthier than the other? Has anyones child been on good sarts soy?

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had to switch to Good Start Soy because of the same problem he was having with Enfamil. I dont know if one is nutritionally better, but personally i am a Good Start mommy :D lol..I cant and will not ever go back to Enfamil..and we tried..everything..from regular enfamil, to AR to soy..nothing ever worked..and then Good Start was a mircale..so i say switch!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My doc recommends both depending on the circimstances. I overheard him with another patient saying it's fairly new to the US, but the rest of the world has been using it for quite some time with good results.
    Anonymous

• My kids haven't been on the soy but I did switch from enfamil to goodstart with both my kids because of the same reason and they both did better once I changed. If i use formula with this baby it will be goodstart.
    Anonymous

• I'd try the new formula and see if you get better results. We've tried DD on several different formulas as a supplement to breastfeeding and she did equally well with all of them.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am breastfeeding right now, but if I had to go to formula like I did with my oldest son I would go straight to Good Start. It was awesome, never made him gassy or fussy and I don't know anyting about the soy but Good Start has the DHA and ARA for brain and eye development....it was the only thing that ODS's tummy could handle...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008