I have a huge collection of beads

My family has given me a lot of beads, I wanted to start up my own business.. but i expected to much, and now i am completely not in the mood. I have thoughts of things i could with them... but thinking is different then doing. My mom would like me not to just give them a way, or sell them inless i make something out of the beads.. then sell.

What can i do, what should i do with them??
oh and they are in my closet, and some are in my son's 2nd closet that he doesn't use. i don't my own office or anything to late out things.. id have to put things away every night...

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Maybe make necklaces with them or how about giving to a school or a project like girl or boy scouts can use them for things to make. Or even a childrens or regular hospital can give with string and can hand to the sick kids to make necklaces out of them. Hope I gave you some good ideas
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it's totally do able even if you had to put stuff away every night. My great grandmother (God rest her soul) and I used to go to the bead stores then go home and make jewlery. They actually turned out amazing and gave them away as presents and some people even bought some. At that time I was in elementry school so I would make keychains and stuff for friends too. It just totally depends on what kind of beads you have. The bright fun ones work great for kids and obviously you're aware of what kind of jewlery works for adults. GL and have fun!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I tatally love PP idea for children in hospitals!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Do you have daughters? You could help them tie beads into friendship bracelets to share with their friends. Glue beads to the outside of a clear glass candleholder. Make jewelry, obviously. Decorate a handbag. Decorate a lampshade or photo frame.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011