How long did it take toget your puppy potty trained?

We have had our 4 mo yellow lab for 6 days now and I am hoping...no accidents today and it is about 2:30!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pets

• Wow, we are on day 6 of our 4 mo puppy and we're not having as much luck. He goes outside maybe 60% of the time. What are you doing exactly, I'd love some tips!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It took mine (Shelties) about 2 months to be completely trained. I got them at 7wks and started crate training right away.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Its a route estabish 2 the streets from home
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Some puppy's train quickly, others not so much. I had a dog that I had trained in a matter of days, and the next dog took weeks to train. My last dog was a mentally defition dog, but she potty trained pretty quickly. The people who had her said I had to get her when she was only 5 weeks old, because the mother had dried up at 3 weeks and they were feeding the puppies ground up adult dog food. I did not start house training her until she was about 8 weeks old, but it only took a matter of a few days before she was pretty much house trained.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Most puppies can start to control their bladder and go several hours between 3 and 4 months. Labs however are exceptionally good and are usually getting the hang of it by 11 weeks, which is amazing to me. Giant breeds usually take much, much longer.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it took me three weeks to house break my last puppy but every dog is differant.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I never did and she is 3 yrs old. she is only 3 pounds and when i got her she was only a few onces. i got her in november and didnt want her outside because she was so tiny. i puppy pad trained her and that is were she still goes. if i take her out she will go outside but she doesnt go to the door to go out. good luck it's a pain to train.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Akita one month
    Lab 6 months to be fully trained. She still has accidents if left unattended
    Chi I don't think she is still trained and shes 2.5 yrs old. Brat.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011