I have a 11 year old and i am prego again how hard is it going to be on my 11 year old?

louisa85

Asked by louisa85 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My youngest was 8 when I had my son (now 3). She was thrilled, it wasn't hard on her at all - and they continue to be close.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My kids are 13, 11, 9, 2, and 7 months. In my experience, it wasn't hard at all on the older kids. I made sure to spend on on one time with them, but they are old enough to understand why the baby needs more time in the beginning. Mine were (and still are) a huge help! My 11 yo son wasn't as interested when the little ones were newborns, but loves playing with my 2 yo. My 9 yo daughter loves to pick out what outfit her 7 month old little sister is going to wear each day. I just got them involved in caring for the little ones, letting them take pics or video, but made sure i wasn't burdening them with too much and still let them get their free time and playtime with their friends.

Answer by missanc at 2:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My son was 9 when I got pregnant with my daughter...her dad wasn't his dad because we are divorced and he was my only child.
    At first..it was difficult on my son but he's used to it now.
    He loves being a big brother.
    Just make sure to involve him in on a lot of things and try not to let him feel left out.
    Let him help you with the baby.Take a sibling class with him. Its fun.
    Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My daughter who will be 11 one month from today, was very excited all through my pregnancy and is like a little mamma to him know. She is soooo great with him!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am 11 years younger then my Sister & she is my Best friend! It's great, you have a personal assistant to help you with the baby & soon a built in babysitter!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My daughter was an only child for 11 years before becoming a big sister to twins. She was excited throughout my pregnancy, and she was really helpful after the babies were born. The age difference worked out really well for us. There is no jealousy between the older one and the little ones, and the little ones really look up to their big sister.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Not hard at all, they will end up being best friends. my kids are 10 years apart, and at times it was hard to tell who was the oldest or what happened to the age gap. they will be fine.
    Lgirl

Answer by Lgirl at 2:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My older son is ten and I have a one year old...I thought the age gap would be difficult for him but they are amazing...my older son just loves his little brother and loves to help and do things for him. When i was pregnant I didnt think it was going to go this well because my 10 yo was very indifferent to the whole thing but fomr the day the baby came home it has been wonderful.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am 13 years older and my brother is 10 years older than our sister and LOVE IT!! We have great relationships and she has someone other than our mom to go to if needed. We helped our mom out when she was a baby. We really liked to take her places so our mom could have a break. Sometimes my brother and I would get up at night if we heard her and get her back to sleep so our mom could sleep. Shhh, my mom still thinks my sister slept through the night at an early age ;-)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Your 11 Year Old Is Gunna Be A Cry Baby :(
    My Mom Is Pregnant And My Sister Is 10 And Isz A Biggo Cry Baby. So Are The Kids Younger Than Her..
    Good Luck Aha
    MommyKayla777

Answer by MommyKayla777 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2011