Breast pumps

I am getting rid of a lot right now due to us selling our house. I have a Medella Pump in Style breast pump and I was wondering if I could donate it? Has anyone else ever done this?

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• Try asking around and give it to someone personally who needs it, or sell it on Craigslist or eBay.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It might depend on where you might want to donate it ... I'd have taken it in a heartbeat since all the tubes and collection stuff can be purchased brand-new. I've heard that is similar to the hospital grade Symphony, which is what i used for the 14 weeks I was able to pump for my preemie -- it was awesome! (as far as pumps go)

I would definitely NOT throw it out, someone, somewhere needs it!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• See if there is a women's shelter in your area I'm sure they will take it!!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• you could go to your hospital and see if they would like to have it for mothers who have trouble lactating!
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Those pumps go for over 400.00 do not throw it out!!Contact your local Health dept and donate it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• @grismelda. That is why I was asking. I got a lot of use out of it but I do not need it anymore and can not stand the idea of throwing it out.

Ladies thanks for the suggestions. I am going to make a few calls on Monday. :)
    my4kids274

Comment by my4kids274 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011