Anyones input is welcome!!!!

Me and my hubby have been on a diet for 2 months. Eating healthy and exercising about 3-5 times a week. We plan on going to taking a visit to spend time with my husbands side of the family next week. Thursday0Sunday. The only problem is that never cook. They eat out all the time. I dont want to come back and have to start all over from where we started. What do i do? I cant show up and say hey lets go grocery shopping. Even if I did I dont think they'd want what we cook now. Im so worried. Also my husband is on the a Biggest Loser contest at work and they weigh in every other Monday and if they gain weight they have to pay in which makes the money pot grow. He hasnt gained any so far but I would hate to see him gain weight from going on a visit. Any suggestions?

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think you can eat out and still have good options. Pick as if you were to make it at home.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would take some groceries along just tell them that you are not being rude you and your hubby are just trying to stay healthy and if you do go out make sure you make healthy choices :-)
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 2:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Just eat salads,those r pretty low cal.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Ohhh!!!! Subways sandwiches r healthy for u and low in fat and cal!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Salad and clear soups!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• if u can ask what resturants u all will be going to check their menu and pick what is theh best for your diet. If u do not kno which resuturant u need to do some education hen it comes to healthy eating at resturants. dont be afraid to ask how food is prepared and have fun.Dont stress about it cause it will cause u to over eat.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 2:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Always stick with the salads and ask for everything on the side. Look closely for low cal menu choices. If you have a smart phone there are apps that help with calorie estimates. Spark people, WW, lose it, etc. most are free. Good luck
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Restaurants are great these days because they have the calories and fat readily displayed for you to review. I cannot think of a place that doesn't have already healthy options on the menu.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• There's a book out there called "Eat This NOt That". It tells you what you can eat at all the major restaurant chains. You can eat out and be careful too!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Take some groceries or modify the food when you eat out. If you are given the option of choosing the place to go, places like Applebee's have weight watchers menu's that are pretty tasty and within reason (at 550 calories or less)!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011