Why is my body like this? Is it fixable, or just the way I am?

I started losing weight, by exercising daily for awhile now. But Im losing weight from my legs & butt, and not much has changed from my waist up. So, my top half is alot 'bigger' than my bottom. Why is that? Is it just the way my body is? I know you can pinpoint areas where you want to lose weight, but how can I even it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• it's the way you're body is built. you are apple shaped. meaning that you lose weight from the bottom first. a pear shaped woman would lose weight from the top first, and an hourglass woman loses evenly from both top and bottom
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• What kind of exercises are you doing? You might just not be working the top half of your body as much as the bottom half.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it doesn't really matter what kind of exercise you are doing. cardio burns fat and your body will lose fat in whichever place it wants to first. it will even out eventually. but the bottom part of you is gonna go first because it's how your body it built
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Be patient everything will fall into place dont worry
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You should be talking to two professionals about this: a doctor and a dietitian. There might be something wrong that your doctor can help you with. The dietitian may be able to help you eat correctly because that might be the cause as well.

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• How old are you? Older woman (pre and menopausal) store belly fat as a reaction to lowering hormone levels-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011