Why do men say they dont want a "READY MADE FAMILY"

I have been out on maybe 5 dates with in the last yr and when i speak of my kids they all said that they didnt want a ready made family. Whats up with that?

dyeager

Asked by dyeager at 2:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• They don't want to be with a woman that already has children.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• That's a lot of responsibility.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I know I wouldn't date a man with kids! Never! I wouldn't ever want to raise someone elses children, nor would I want the baggage that comes with baby mama drama... I can only imagine men are the same way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Many men don't want to raise another man's kids. I can't say I blame them.

But keep looking--there are men who won't mind, or who may have a "ready made" family of their own and won't mind blending it with yours.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Why should they??
    Anonymous

• Atleast they are being honest. It takes a special person to want to get involved with someone with children. There is almost always drama there with the ex when you step into a new relationship. There is drama with having to get the kids used to you. There is wondering what role the person wants you to play. It is alot really. It is one reason I never sought to be a step mom.

Answer by gemgem at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It means they just want sex and nothing else.:) They don't want you with all of your baggage they only want a nice and smooth relationship with some sex and maybe some own children in the long distant future... Don1t worry. They don't worth it:) You are going to find the right man for you.:) Sooner or later:P GL:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Be glad they are being upfront since you and your kids are a package deal the sooner you find that out the sooner you can move on!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Than you are dating the wrong kind of men? And after all, do you truly want a guy that thinks/feels like that?!?!

I had my eldest son when I met my husband, and he took on my son as his own!!! He doesn't complain about clothing him, feeding him, and so forth... that son is now 15! Not once have I heard my husband complain about him paying for a kid that isn't his!!! He was part of me... and he loves ME

Going on 13 years in June... and not looking back.... oh, than I gave hubby 2 sons of his own, and they are treated no different than the one that is technically mine, and even made it clear when I die, he will keep him as his own... hypothetically if I die
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it's an awkward position-if you take it to the next step-disciplining the children...you cant be like you probably would be with your own but at the same time u cant let them run over you...a thin line! Maybe they think you dont want no more children..but they do? thats the only issues i could think of.but i agree mith MommaClark3, if they cant at least give it a chance and see they are not right for he situation anyway!
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011