How overweight do you have to be to get Diet pills from your Dr? just a question from another post I saw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know I sound like a broken record lately on diet pills. But they truly are a possibly DEADLY waste of money and a huge risk to our health.

I know it's hard to lose weight. I know anyone who is overweight or obese and has tried to lose weight and failed feels like it's impossible and nothing works. The basics DO work. We all just need the motivation, determination and the self worth to do it. We as woman, as humans, can do anything we set our minds to. If you crunch the numbers and calculate the calories needed to go in vs. out and eat those calories with healthy choices....and burn calories by exercising we can all be successful and ultimately reach our goal weights. It's not easy, it's not meant to be. But we CAN do it, and we can all do it without a pill!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i personally thought you had to be obese. they aren't safe and cause anal leakage because they force your body to not absorb anything
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it depends on your health overall and need to lose weight. Personally I have used Alli safely at home a few times. Research your options and talk to your doctor or a nurse.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It depends on your physical condition and the Dr.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• chgomom....you do realize that Alli and another weight loss drug were both documented to cause liver damage and even liver failure? Safely today doesn't mean safely tomorrow....it can take YEARS because it's long-tern deadly side effects come to light. This is why diet pills shouldn't be used. The long-term effects aren't tested and by the time they are discovered it's because people are dying or suffering from life threatening side effects
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011