Does this give you a hint of what's to come?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Would you rather them suffer under a dictatorship?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's terrible. I believe the brotherhood will take control of the situation and things will escalate beyond belief.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Is that your go to answer Sweet? I merely asked a question. I gave no indication how I felt.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We are witnessing the beginning. the beginning of "what" is the question....  There are so many question marks... There are too many extremists in that area that prey on the needy and impoverished.... The current situation in Egypt leaves a opening for such extremists..  A nation that has not had a free election...  Are they prepared for a HONEST and FAIR election in September?  Another question mark.... IMO~It would be naive to only focus on the joys of Mubarak stepping down without considering all the questions...  Questions that could impact US relations, Israel, etc...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Two-thirds of Egyptians told Gallup they wanted Islamic law to be the only source of law, compared to 13 percent in blatantly theocratic Iran. Hence the strong support for strict Islamic standards and punishments among Egyptians. Pew found 54 percent supporting segregation of men and women in the workplace, 82 percent favoring stoning for adulterers and 84 percent backing the death penalty for Islamic apostates.

Wow, the percentages in the article are shocking. And to those asking if Egypt will become another Iran. There are 5 times as many that want Islamic law in Egpyt as there are in Iran who has it.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

Dictatorship or Sharia law. I'm not sure there's that much of a difference.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

Dictatorship or Sharia law. I'm not sure there's that much of a difference

FOR you. FOR THEM, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

•  

Is that your go to answer Sweet? I merely asked a question. I gave no indication how I felt.

Look at the last small paragraph in your link....its their country to decide.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

:shaking head:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Questions that could impact US relations, Israel, etc..

CERTAIN anti-semite's on here don't care about Israel. 

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011