IM REALLY NOT A CARD GIVER! MY SONS WIFE OFFERED ME MONEY TO GET MY SON

Card for his BDAY. dont get me wrong . i do call him and wish him a happy bday. but according to my daughter in law. this has hurt my son in the past.that i didnt get him a card. Should i block my daughter in law from calling me bc she is so passive aggressive.??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• No. Buy your son a card.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, Maybe it did hurt him,u don't know. Like it or not,our sons tell their wives things they don't tell their moms.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• In my opnion its none of her busniess that is something you must discuss with your son its just a dang card that will probably end up in the garbage anyway
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Why would you immediately decide to block her calls? Buy him a card or don't... but don't block her calls. You don't want to make your son choose between you and his wife. I'm celebrating b-day #32 this month and my mom ALWAYS gets me a card and a gift.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, buy him a card. The DIL does not want her husband to be hurt.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I know it's going to be time-consuming, but how about finding a card that says: sorry I didn't get you a card. LOL If your son knows you don't send cards to everyone, then he should be okay with it. If he doesn't know, then where has he been all this time? When you call him, bring it up: "Hey, your wife said the other day that you feelings are hurt because I didn't get you a card - would you rather I send you a card instead in the future? It's not easy for me: how about we go halfway and I take you out to lunch instead?" Really - cards get tossed anyway!
    boyita

Answer by boyita at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If she feels strongly enough about it to pay for the card, then there's a reason. It's not about you...it's about your son. And I"m a MIL of 2 so I'm really on your side.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• So your DIL is trying to be helpful and let you know that your son wishes you would send a card this year instead of just calling and offers you money so that you can buy the card and your response is to call her passive-aggressive and consider BLOCKING her number?
    I would simply thank her for the offer and the information, tell her you don't need any money for it and go out and buy him a card.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If he really wants a card can't you take a few minutes out of your life to send him one?

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If she is so worried, why don't you just buy the card. It sounds like she wants her husband to be happy
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011