I have salmon fillets and grape tomatoes

I need to use the grape tomatoes b/f they go bad.. Any ideas to put w/ the salmon? ( not salads )

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 4:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I have chopped up grape tomatoes with red onions and cilantro and some lime juice and grilled the salmon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That's a great idea Knox, pico de gallo mmm =3 That is, if you happen to have the ingredients lying around.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Now I am hungry. Sorry, my first answer was a little disjointed because I was on the phone. I don't grill the pico, as Cait said, with the salmon, I top the grilled salmon with it =) I hope that clarifies some.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If it were me, I would broil the salmon (seasoned with lemon pepper, and meyer lemon olive oil), and serve it with angel hair tossed with a very basic tomato sauce made from the tomatoes. Just heat a bit of olive oil in a pan (if you have the lemon, so much the better), add minced garlic, the tomatoes (halved), a bit of salt & pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss with the pasta and add parmesan cheese.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Jes, I seem to have all those things. Except I may use rice instead..
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 5:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• rice would work too...you could make it like a pilaf...
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2008