Deli Meat...

I am pregnant, 18 weeks. Can I eat deli meat? Such as a turkey sandwich from subway? I read somewhere that pregnant women cannot eat deli meat :(

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 3:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i did and never heated it. ate sushi and uncooked hot dogs too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've never heard that. Sounds like some other dumb thing to get us to worry about when we're preggers. Don't smoke or drink and you'll be fine :)

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have heard of that actually. It's in just about every pregnancy health book out there. It has to do with lots of deli meats testing positive for listeria. Supposedly if you heat it until it is smoking it should be fine. I don't know though. I don't eat much sandwich meat.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The only meat that I eat is from Subway and I get it toasted! Because I have read about a woman's baby who died from listeria in luncheon meat!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 9:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011