Do you open mail addressed to your husband? (or S/O but mainly husbands.)

I take care of the bills anyway and I check the mail daily. Even when he checks it, he will just hand it all to me.

A new acquaintance was very confused that I do this. I guess her husband opens mail addressed to him and then hands her the bills...

I will leave b-day cards alone but half the time I will tell him he has a card and he will ask what it says!

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 3:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Same here, I always open and sort the mail.

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, for the most part. If it's a known bill I open it and process it. If it looks like personal correspondence, I leave it for him to open.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, I open all of the mail unless it's a card for him or something that's from his parents.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I open everything... Most of the bills we do paperless anyway but even then mostly everything is in his name but goes to my email address. I do all of the billing payments and banking so him opening it would just get in my way!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ha ha right!
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't open his mail, and he don't open mine. If he wants me to see something he'll show me and vise versa.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes I usually open all the mail, unless its personal.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 4:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Who ever gets the mail opens it all, nothing comes in our mail that would be super "personal". I don't open his packages, but not b/c he would care, I just don't care what's in them. (usually DVDs and Dallas Cowboys stuff)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I either open all the mail of my husband does. Whoever gets it first.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't open his and he doesn't open mine.That's just the way we are.If it's addressed to both of us he usually gives it to me to open.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011