Help with SO child...

I just moved in with my boyfriend and his daughter (4 yrs old next month). Of course, I know how to love my own daughter, but how do I love his daughter? I'm not used to other people's kids. What can I do with her (them)? There's not much in this house to do, so any creative activites we can all do? I know I can read with them, bake with them... If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you. We do have a backyard but no toys to play with outside and also its kinda chilly out here in Cali. But if you know any outside activities we can do, please share :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• You already have a child, so do the same things with her as you do your own. If you treat her different, she'll notice. As long as you don't have baby momma drama, you should be fine. Also talk with your SO about how he wants you to treat her.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 4:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• By the age of 4, she probably has a few things she likes to do. Do some of them with her. There's also a lot to be said for just hanging out and not really doing much of anything but spending time together. Great bonds can be formed over a DVD and a snack.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 4:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011