Help with SO child...

I just moved in with my boyfriend and his daughter (4 yrs old next month). Of course, I know how to love my own daughter, but how do I love his daughter? I'm not used to other people's kids. What can I do with her (them)? There's not much in this house to do, so any creative activites we can all do? I know I can read with them, bake with them... If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you. We do have a backyard but no toys to play with outside and also its kinda chilly out here in Cali. But if you know any outside activities we can do, please share :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Having been a SM my suggestion is just to take it slow. I treated my SS like a nephew. It is normal to not bond right away. I would talk to your SO and see what she likes to do and go from there.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 6:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Go online and google activities for her age (indoor and outdoor)

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think you need to make the time to get to know her, and let her get to know you. It's just like getting to know anyone else - talk with her, and just spend time with her. I agree to take it slow, and let the relationship develop naturally. The love will grow. Of course find out what she's interested in, but almost every little girl I know loves to color, dance, play make-believe (be kittens or dress up as princesses), do crafts, etc.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Put down a big peice of cardboard or old sheet and let them paint in the house, playdoh, lego's, build forts out of box's, build forts out of chairs and sheets,

Worst come to worst, bribe her with a puppy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011