Help with SO child...

I just moved in with my boyfriend and his daughter (4 yrs old next month). Of course, I know how to love my own daughter, but how do I love his daughter? I'm not used to other people's kids. What can I do with her (them)? There's not much in this house to do, so any creative activites we can all do? I know I can read with them, bake with them... If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you. We do have a backyard but no toys to play with outside and also its kinda chilly out here in Cali. But if you know any outside activities we can do, please share :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You should treat just like you would your own little girl. There's plenty to do with a 4 year old little girl. Play dress up - do their hair & make up, arts & crafts. With my girls we do craft projects according the holidays like we just did V-day projects and we use them to decorate the house. Go shopping, take walks through the mall or outlets. Play dolls.
    As for things to do outside try to buy some outdoor toys for them. One of those big plastic cottage looking houses. Check on Craigs List. I've gotten my girls lots of outdoor toys on there and they love it.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think that things over looked can be an activity, Art-what kid do not like it? try finding thing thats are never consider as something to draw, like a lief picked of the ground. and you do not have to be vangough.
    urselbaker

Answer by urselbaker at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011