VBAC

Doctors/hospitals in my area don't allow VBACs ... would you consider traveling 45 mins away to have this option?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. They won't do it in my area either, but if it's something you really want, 45 mins isn't too far.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• 45 min isn't that long of a drive. i used to drive my then boyfriend/current husband to work every day 45 min away
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't think twice about it. VBAC is a safer alternitive to repeat c-section, especially when you consider the long term risks associated with multiple sections.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Unless you are due in December and live in the snow drive the 45 minutes!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would definitely consider it! VBACs are so much safer than a repeat c-section, and labors aren't often so short that wouldn't make it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Options:

Plan a homebirth/use a birth center
    Travel the distance
    VBAC at the nearer hospital anyhow because it's illegal to force a woman into a cesarean

There are ways to get a VBAC, if you need help we can give you some info, advice, suggestions.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would do it. Just had second baby January 28th. We drove about 30 minutes to do it. Was successful VBAC.
    runninggirl11

Answer by runninggirl11 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011