What do you think of the Heartbeat Bill?

Ohio will be the staging ground for a new breed of abortion limit that would prohibit women from ending pregnancies at the first detectable fetal heartbeat...

"As our technology gets better, we'll be able to detect that heartbeat earlier. I would like to see it moved back to brain waves," longtime abortion opponent Ray Loebker said Tuesday.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Good!!!!
    Anonymous

• Great for Ohio! Sadly though, the baby is still alive before we can detect the heartbeat.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 4:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree with that..but I do think some exceptions should be made..mothers health..and incest/rape.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I disagree with the bill. I think abortion opponents are going too far to impose their beliefs on the rest of society, and by restricting abortions to the extent that they want to, we will see more and more women going to extreme measures to terminate unwanted pregnancies, or see more and more babies birthed then dumped.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree 100% with what jsbenkert said.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I disagree.

Each woman and her doctor should make the descision.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I disagree with the bill. I think abortion opponents are going too far to impose their beliefs on the rest of society...

Do you think a beating heart isn't an indicator of "life"?

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it's the age old question- When is the baby a person? And my answer will always be, when is he or she anything BUT a person? The lines gray, of course, with with a myriad of circumstances, but I don't believe ANYONE has a RIGHT to murder for the sake of convenience.

Bring on the down votes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think we should at least be able to find middle ground with abortion.IMO middle ground would means SOME limitations such as this bill puts forth (with exceptions)..so that females aren't so much able to use abortions as BC...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Do you think a beating heart isn't an indicator of "life"?

I think the beating heart that matters the most in this scenario is that of the woman who must make this decision.  A beating heart in and of itself does not make a life to me.  There is so much more that needs to be considered--like viability.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011