Bleeding nose, non-stop

For the past year or so, my nose seems to bleed, drops only, but on a regular basis, almost every day, esp. when I wake up in the morning .

My blood pressure is pretty low, and I'm perfectly healthy.
Any ideas ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• Are you on any kind of medication? My husband is on Coumadin and gets wicked nose bleeds.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No medication at all, but thanks very much for your response.
    lillyblue111

Comment by lillyblue111 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Ok, then my next guess would either be some sort of allergy or an air quality problem. Dry air in the winter can be a cause of nosebleeds. Maybe try sleeping with a cool mist humidifier for a week and see if it improves.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I get frequent nosebleeds, but it seems worst during the dry winter for me. Sometimes I am *this close* to asking to have it cauterized. I think you can talk to your doctor about the procedure--they basically burn off the capillaries in your nose to stop minor (but frequent) bleeding.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Have you tried something like rubbing a thin layer of vaseline in your nostrils before going to bed? My nephew used to get horrid nosebleeds during the night, and once someone mentioned that, his mom did it, and he's never had another since. She just uses a q-tip to rub it around as far up as he's comfortable with.
    Anonymous