My husband AND i paied for my our daughters wedding. is it wrong that we dont want to pay for our sons

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think so. Isn't it tradition that the father of the bride pays for it?! My in laws payed for a very few minor things for our wedding - otherwise my parents did it all.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 4:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's not wrong but it's not fair either.

It's your money but I would wonder about the resentment that your son would hold.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would think that your son would want to pay for his own wedding? I had no idea you would have to pay for both..Doesn't the girl need to pay or help pay? So your son doesn't have to pay for it all?
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it's horribly tacky when people think that the bride's family should foot the bill and the groom's doesn't.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Traditionally the father of the bride pays.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would say it depends on the reasons you were willing to pay for one and not the other. Traditionally speaking the family of the bride is the one to pay for the cost of the wedding however times aren't like they used to be and most people split the costs and pay for their own weddings these days.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it is traditional that grooms parents pay for rehearsal dinner and tuxes. You may want to help a little if you can afford it. do they need help paying for the wedding? How much did you spend on your dd's wedding?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would think her parents should pay. Usually and you can help with the bridal shower.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Is it wrong? Well, that's up to you. Is it fair? Nope. I personally think kids should pay for their own weddings, but if you are going to help one child, you should make it equal and help them both.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think maybe people these days can't follow tradition.. WE paid for our wedding.. It was OUR wedding.. I wouldn't put my family out financially for a wedding..but yes, I would consider it unfair to help one child and not another in any area
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011