I'm looking for a good set of facial cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer for normal to dry skin....

I really don't want to buy from multi-level marketer (amway, mary kay, avon), and I want something that's decent but isn't going to be super expensive. I'd actually like to see what's out there and see if I can get samples, because I'm tired of buying stuff and then not liking it!

What do you use?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 4:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I like Olay products or Kiss my Face products...and Burts Bees
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I use Dermalogica for Normal/Dry... they have this pack for $35 has a cleanser, toner, exfoliant, and creme that does wonders... it makes your skin bright and beautiful... I wouldn't want to use anything else since I bought it!
    lynn.cox22

Answer by lynn.cox22 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Cetaphil is fantastic! You can buy it pretty much anywhere and it's one of the best products on the market.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 4:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Olay basic moisturizer with sunscreen is recommended over and over and over again by all the "experts" and any dermatologist I know. They have also have a great cleanser and exfoliator in one.

I am a firm believer in the tried and true and Oil of Olay has a great history AND I've never been told by a dermatologist that it isn't good for your skin.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I love SeiBella - they have a 60 day money back guaranteed that sold me. I have dry/sensitive/ tend to break out skin. And this line has been great. Have been using it for a few years.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 4:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have used three different things.

When I was battling acne I used Neutrogena Rapid Defense on the spot treatment and the lotion. I used the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub (Pink Grapefruit or the lavendar relaxatione one) in the shower. A few times a week I would use Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 lotion.

Then I used the normal face scrub (smells like oranges!) and the Total Effects moisturizer. I also use neutrogena make-up remover wipes just before bed even if I have no makeup. I keep that Rapid Defense stuff on hand just in case!

Then I graduated to

Now I use Avani Dead Sea stuff - but I bought it at Sams. I looked it up online and won't be able to afford the price online. It works though! I added in the Neutrogena Age Restorative Eye Reviver roller ball.

Any of the above products would get my recommendation.

My mom and grandma who have beautiful skin have used ONLY the normal Oil of Olay
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would suggest MyChelle. I use a lot of their products and love them. It's an organic company, the products actually work, and it isn't super expensive. You can buy different sampler packs full of their different products from places like Vitacost.com, Amazon.com, or Whole Foods. As for the particular items you're needing, I have used, like, and would recommend the Fruit Enzyme Scrub, Fruit Fiesta Peel, Deep Repair Cream, and either the Honeydew or Pumpkin cleanser. I use all of these products except for the cleansers.The Deep Repair cream is heavier, so I use the Pumpkin Renew Cream during the day.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• This is a great daily exfoliating cleanser.

http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/angels-on-bare-skin

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• try new facial from BeautiControl.com i am 30 and people think i am 20 years Its got to be the products..
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have combo skin very dry in my cheeks and kinda oily in my t-zone! I tried clinique i was step 2 it broke me out :( after trying it for about 5 weeks i was getting breakouts ive never in my life got them! So im using Origins products! The lady recommended checks and balances face wash and the organic toner... she gave me a sample of a balanced diet moisturizer and zero oil moisturizer (i think im leaning more towards the zero oil moisturizer) also if you were make up and don't use a face make up remover you should wash your face 2 times you should always wash your face for at least 2 minutes(just relax and was gently) then pat dry... wait a few seconds and then do the toner wait and then do the moisturizer. Once you put the moisturizer on don't jump right into putting your face makeup on because you will eventually get the shiny (oily) look and moisturizer needs time to set deep into your skin :-D
    nyyankeecutee

Answer by nyyankeecutee at 2:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011