Any home school resources out there?

My daughter is going to start Wava in February. But I have already taken her out of school. What can I do at home for her in the meantime?

foofooberry2004

Asked by foofooberry2004 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you have a Books A million near you? They have TONS of homeschooling resources, which is nice if you don't want to search all over the internet and print lots of things.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• IMO, the library is a homeschool families best friend. Look for home schooling books at your local library. I would buy a math work book, and have her do book reports and history reports.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There are lots of web resources:) I would start there because its free:) If you search "home school lesson plans" its brings up lots of sites.

Also, www.teacherheaven.com has awesome resources. I would also suggest, if you can, ordering the Basic Note Boring series from somewhere like Amazon.com. I actually use those in my classroom. They are great and I believe they have them for various subjects and grade levels.

Barnes and Noble usually has a pretty good selection of education resources, but they are pricier than Amazon.com.

Hope thats helpful!
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Britannica Online Student Edition is a great resource for educational needs. It's a totally safe environment that allows your student to improve their performance in school with aid beyond the classroom, relevant search engine as well as a superb homework helper.

https://safe.britannica.com/registration/freeTrial.do?partnerCode=EBOSE_FTHEADER_social
    EB4Parents

Answer by EB4Parents at 2:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009