How Patriotic Is It To Advocate That American Corporations Outsource Their Jobs Overseas?

Conservative Lobbyist group, the US Chamber of Commerce, continues to advocate that American Corporations outsource their jobs overseas. Don't Conservatives always claim to be patriotic? Or maybe they are just patriotic when it doesn't hurt their profit margin. Please try to answer the question without attacking me personally, if you can.

http://www.economyincrisis.org/content/us-chamber-outsourcing

peggy572

Asked by peggy572 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Like Obama's appointed chairman of Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Jeffery Immelt?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• That's just another example of Obama moving too far to the right. Try to stick to the question, Grly.
    peggy572

Comment by peggy572 (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If I had to guess I would guess both parties take part in outsourcing. There are alot of companies out there doing it and I would be willing to guess some of them are owned by Democrats too.

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• GE Light Bulb Factory Closes…Moving Jobs Overseas....  Most of GE's 304,000 employees??  Overseas....

They make a Cute Couple don't they?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't think patriotism has anything to do with it ~ business decisions all come down to profit margin.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

Really? Do you know how much of Obama's stimulus went to overseas businesses?  Jobs go overseas because labor is too expensive here...  In many cases,  unions have pushed jobs OUT of America....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You still haven't answered the question. You have no answer.
    peggy572

Comment by peggy572 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• In many cases, unions have pushed jobs OUT of America....

Old and tired. So few people belong to a union in this day and age, it's time to move on and get to the root of the real problem and culprit-The outsourcing of jobs will turn this country into an industrialized Third world nation.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's not about Patriotism.. I disagree with your opinion... It's about (as I said in answer #6), "Jobs go overseas because labor is too expensive here... In many cases, unions have pushed jobs OUT of America...."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• So, by your standards.. How Patriotic is it for the President of the United States to appoint Jeffery Immelt, master outsourcing guru, to chair the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011