9 years out from gastric bypass, never reached goal.

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002. Initially, I was very successful. At my best, I was down about 180 lbs, but still had about 75 to go. Well, I gained a ton of weight with my first baby, like 62lbs, but lost almost all of it two weeks after he was born. I've had another child and I've put on about 50 lbs total. So, I'm 50 pounds up from my lowest weight.

I have had multiple, serious health issues since my surgery, some have prevented any kind of exercise, some have not.

My problem is that I know how to eat, and I know how to exercise but I have such a hard time finding the time to eat right or exercise. I work 4, 12 hour days and I have my own children. I'm beat by 7 o'clock and can't fathom working out that late.

Can anyone suggest a good eating plan for me? I'm so terrible at feeding myself, but great at feeding the family. I would really like to lose 100 lbs, but I won't go on a starvation diet and I cannot work out 5 hours per day.

Please help!!!

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 6:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Sending you a pm, a lot more to add than will fit in this space.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have that problem with eating for myself, too. My son is SO picky that he won't try new things so he eats the same things over and over, gets bored with them but won't try something else. So since my divorce, I don't cook as much as I used to because it's just me eating really, and I end up eating cereal or crackers and dip or something I shouldn't eat.

I had lap band surgery just about 2 years ago and have lost 65 lbs. That's all. I want to lose another 60, and I was doing pretty well until my homelife dynamic changed. I'm trying to get my butt in gear again, but with the constant changes, I'm putting my health last and I am trying to remind myself to NOT do that anymore. It's hard though.

I guess maybe google the diabetes diet, because honestly, that was worked best for me. Or maybe subscribe to Weight Watchers magazine so you get some healthy recipes and ideas and start making your snacks and meals ahead of.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• CONT'D...

time. That way you already did the work when kids are asleep, or whenever you have a few minutes to do it, and you know you're eating something good and portioned the way you need. Hope it helps. Be proud you lost that much weight! Congratulations!! You can lose the rest, I know you can.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~.... can't honestly give advice, other than form a support group, make self accountable... but mostly a network of people that are a "support network"!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Cut out bread, pasta, sugars no diet drinks! Rice, potatoes, high protein. Work great and you never go hungry. Good luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Maybe you can join weight watchers online and use that for a guide? My mom has gastric bypass, so did my aunt, they both belong to support groups for people who have had the surgery. Maybe you can look around for something like that too?

Answer by gemgem at 6:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011