Is the V-Motion or V-Smile game a good investment?

I am trying to find a present for my 4 year old daughter for Xmas, and am debating between the V-Motion/V-Smile or Nintendo DS. We currently have the Wii, but I was thinking of getting something portable. I also want it to be something that will last a few years, I don't want her out growing the games to soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Shopping

• We don't have the V-motion, but we do have the V-smile. My kids are 7 and 5, we got it when they were 4 and almost 2. They love it! They play it almost everyday after homework, and it helps them so much with learning. I think it is a great investment. But, as another poster said, definitely get the power cord, b/c the battery use is outrageous.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• She will probably grow out of a V-smile within the next year. If you get it, make sure you buy the cord because it burns though batteries quickly. The only problem with getting a DS at her age is that most of the games require reading, but you can also play game boy advance games on them. Between the 2, a DS is the way to go.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There are games for the V-Smile that go all the way up to age 12... Since all the games are education based I would think it's a better investment than a DS...

Check out www.graveyardmall.com they have V-Smile and the games from time to time as cheap as $5 - $15.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We have the VTech Vsmile and my kids love it. We've had it since my son was barely 3 and he's almost 4 and a half now. He really likes that. We also have kid games for the PC and there is one my son really loves that gets more challenging the more he plays. It's called Jumpstart World - we got the game from Best Buy. http://www.jumpstart.com/ecommerce/newmemberintroduction.aspx   It does require internet access to update, but there is no monthly fee or anything.

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008