Don't really know where else to ask this question... Looking for advice about my own Mom-

Long story. My mama and dad divorced when I was too young to know. She remarried her 2nd husband who I knew as my dad until I met my real dad. After a really long bad marriage she divorced and is now dating a guy who will probably be her 3rd husband soon. I only met him once because I live in another state. And when I met him I thought he was really weird. I'm almost 30 and it's awkward seeing my mother with a 3rd man. She texted me giving me this guys number and telling me to wish him a happy birthday. I just don't feel comfortable. Would you do it or not?

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, I wouldn't do it. That's just me though. Good luck :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Nope, I wouldn't call.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i would not , and tell her hope your happy with him i dont know him so i wont tell happy b-day in that way
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I guess I would call him and wish him a happy birthday. It would maybe make your mom feel good. But, if you have a concern, maybe you should find out more about this new guy. Maybe, you can invite your mama and him to lunch and get to know him. Try to get the scoop slowly but surely. That way you can make your mom feel good and you can be at ease.
    xochitle

Answer by xochitle at 6:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Seems a little early for you to be wishing him happy anything because you hardly know the guy. I would tell mom to relay the message for you....you know...so she can be content. Might be a good idea to get to know him better if she really loves him. If she is happy....you will be happy too ; )
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 6:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't and I would tell my mom that I do not know him well enough yet to be doing that. Definitely add that YET in there.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have come to find out to one's own heart be true!!! If it doesn't feel right don't do it. You are thirty years old and you are responsible for your own actions and life.
    runningmom5505

Answer by runningmom5505 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No I would not

Answer by admckenzie at 6:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't. That's just her boyfriend at this point.  My mom remarried when I was 26, I've met him 4 times total, and I didn't meet him until after they were married. We live two thousand miles away from each other.. He's just the guy mom is married to in my eyes, we have no real relationship.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't, I mean you don't know him or anything and that's just weird.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011