Did your heart acke watching your kid(s) grow?

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 6:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a heart ache every day, because when my son was little I was there to make sure nothing, or anyone would hurt him. Today, I can not be looking over his shoulder 24-7. I just pray to God to keep him safe!
    xochitle

Answer by xochitle at 6:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, not at all. Each stage and each age comes with a whole new excitement. There have been moments since my kids turned into teens that I wouldnt trade for anything in the world. The older they get, the more my heart seems to burst with joy with their choir performances, getting awards. Its just so much fun watching them grow up!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• there are days when I am sad that they are no longer babies. But most of the time I am in awe of who they are, what they do and who they are becoming. My 13 yr old just told me that he is going to donate a percentage of his bar mitzvah money to a charity he works with. And he also wants to plant some trees in Israel in memory of his grandfather. that makes my heart swell to bursting that he is so kind.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I love my son to bits. He's growing up too fast for me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. it swelled with pride.

Answer by older at 6:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I thinks it is bitter sweet, kinda. You love seeing them advance but you hate to see it happening so fast!!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• my kids are teens... and there are moments it aches... I want to slam on the breaks and have time slow. Im down to two more years of my oldest being at home... then college... it does bring me to tears to think this part of our life together is almost over.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Maybe a little because I feel like he just grows super fast right before my eyes. But I'm so happy and excited to see him learning new things and becoming a wonderful little person.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My heart has ached many times as a mom. But, most of the time, I am so proud and happy and excited about what is going on in thier lives.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I just can't believe how much my kids have grown, but i am so proud of them everyday and i look forward to seeing what kind of people they become! I love them with all my heart...
    Sarah26

Answer by Sarah26 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011