Why I hate being broke

Ok so I have to hold on to a huge portion of my taxes so I can have enough to go to court with because I have no clue how much court cost and fines will be for this traffic ticket.

I want to buy some girly items for myself (makeup, nail polish, etc.), a table and chair set for my living room, and put more on my bills but ith having this ticket thing looming over my head I can not really do anything. I want to buy myself something nice cause I never do. I'm stuck having to do the right thing and wanting to still feel like I am an attractive young lady. Like all my money goes to bills. All my energy goes to getting money to pay the bills, diapers, and daycare.

I thought getting this ticket was going to be my gift to myself (it is) but it is emotionally draining, time consuming, and finanically painful. No pleasure until i walk out of the court with clearence papers. Til then I am wishing I had money to spruce up me and my surroundings. :( I hate being broke.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• "I thought getting this ticket was going to be my gift to myself (it is)..."

I think you meant tax refund.
    It does suck having to take care of necessities first. Hopefully you're ticket will be less than expected. *Hugs*
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Have you got in touch with a lawyer? Alot of times you can call your public defenders office and see if you can get some help. In the meantime, even a new lipstick or nailpolish goes a long way towards feeling like you've done something nice for yourself with out breaking the bank.
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• yeah I am going to use a public defender. I can not speak to anyone until I get there and request one. I shoulda did it the first time. Way to naive.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I feel ya! The last time I was able to buy myself something was in 2007 and all that was, was a pair of sweats for me to wear after my hysterectomy that I had the following day. I so miss being girly and feeling pretty! Hang in there & hopefully your ticket won't cost too much.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 9:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I TOO hate being broke. I think we all go threw some broke times in our life you just try to find the best way for you to deal and cope with it
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 3:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2011