How do I get rid of my two year old's binky.

My daughter still likes her binky and I hate it. She only wants it at night or during her naptime.

acruz86

Asked by acruz86 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have to tell her that in order to get her presents and basket from the Easter bunny she has to leave him her pacifier. You have to start talking about it now so she will get it in her head that by Easter she is ready. Tell her that the Easter bunny can't leave her big girl items until she gives it up. You have to find out what she considers a big girl item.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• have you tried cutting the tip off of it and give to her , she probly wont want it much longer. , worked for my kid cause it feels so different in the mouth.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• tell her the "binky fairy" needs it to give to new babies.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Keep telling her that binky is for babies and she is a big girl and keep telling her over and over and sooner than you think she herself will give it up, but for now, let her have it for sleeping.

Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Just throw it away. I thought it was going to be hard to take it away, my boys loved their pacifier. With my oldest it got a hole in it and I told him it was broken and he watched me throw it in the trash. That was the end of it. He was 21 months. My second son lost it for a few days, found one and I took it from him right away and threw it away. Told him he was done. That was it. He was just over 2 years old. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Oh, and my second one was used to having it pretty much all the time. There was no transition from all the time, just to bed and then gone and it still went pretty easy.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No but I think I might try that...
    acruz86

Comment by acruz86 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Just throw them away when he/she is sleeping. Just tell them they are all gone when they ask where they are. I did this with bottles and pacifiers. No problem.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am a cold turkey person with this subject. Throw them away and never look back.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2011