Today im in pain!!!! need perspectives and opinions ....

Well i went to my prenatal check up & since i've been having a lot of pelvic pressure & my legs giving out my O.B. decided to check me to according to her see if it was because i was dialating.... i figured ok shes jst gonna check ... well when she did she made me litteraly grab on to the exam room table with all my might ! she said sorry when shes done she says i was trying to see if i can make you contract on your own & start dialating faster .... i'm like what!? i didnt tell you to try to make me dialate ..... you said jst to check if i was dialating ... so i was upset then she tells me you have two options if you want me to be the only one to deliver you you have the option to get induced by next week you'll be shy off 2 days to be 39 wks pregnant or you can wait til i come back from vacation for a week & hopefully you dont deliver before i come back .... i dont know what to do i cant take this pregnancy any longer but @ same time i dont feel comfortable with someonelse delivering me who i have no idea who the hell it is but i'm scared to be induced because they told me its 10 times worse than letting it happen on its own i need different prospectives & opinions before wednesday that i need to have an answer...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its all up to you and no one can make that choice for you. Did you say if your dialted or not? You could let her stripp your membranes and see if that starts labor but you need to be alittle dialated for her to do that. plus it doesnt always work.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I say just wait it out for now. Honestly, I was induced and it hurt like hell. At first it wasn't too bad but later they bumped up the pitocin and even with an epidural my delivery was pretty painful. I don't say that to scare you but for me, if it came down to induction or an unknown doctor I would pick the unknown doctor. For one thing, you might easily make it until she gets back, 40 weeks is just an average but many people go a bit over. If you haven't delivered by the time she is back you can try all the old tricks to get labor going, or even get induced and at least have the doc of your choice. Secondly, the doctor is really hardly there. Most of the time is with the nurses anyway, the doctor is really only there to check a few quick times and then at the very end, and by that point you don't notice or care who is there- at least I didn't. I wouldn't try to fit delivery into a schedule, it's better to let it happen. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• lots of people are induced.. i was induced with my two.. for silly reasons but they acted like it was no big deal and they even encouraged it. i wish i hadnt done it.. but that was because my labors were very long and painful. Everyone is different. if you do choose induction, go in with a strong head knowing it may be worse.. but at the same time, if its your first, you have nothing to compare it to, so you should do just fine! Although its a touch decision, dont stress about it!! you will pick whats right for you!! good luck!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• wow i didn't know being inducted hurt worse glad i read this b4 i told my doc i wanted that lol. If it hurts that bad i would wait i know alot of ppl don't have there kid till after there due date any way so im told my 1st son was c-seciton and the healing process stinks!!
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011