Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI warning: Cervical bleeding? adult content

I have noticed that everytime after my hubby and I have sex, I spot for about a week. (nothing kinky or crazy) I have 3 children and my last is 17 months. Got the Mirena at 7 weeks post partum. Went to my Gyno he checked the IUD visually and with sonogram and its positioned correctly. He said I have cervical contact bleeding and I have a fragile cervix and prescribed Metrogel for 5 days. I spotted/bled the whole time. I stopped spotting shortly after I stopped the meds but have been crampy off and on since. I have not tried to have sex again for fear that it will start all over again. I go back to the Dr. on Monday so he can look at my cervix again. He says its not because of the IUD but IDK, I have seen lots of websites with ppl who have probs with it. He did a Pap at my last appt (about 2 weeks ago) and everything came back normal. He wanted me to try the Nuva ring, I'm not exactly sure why, but I said no because I already have the IUD I don't want to have to deal with that too! I asked what my other options are and he said I may have part of the inside of my cervix on the outside and he may have to freeze it... What does this mean ?!?!?! I have to get this issue resolved its becoming a realy issue in my marriage (not because of hubby but b/c of me. I hate that I bleed EVERY time!) I can't NOT have sex with my husband! Thanks in advance for any help or knowledge you can provide!


Asked by Jackie1081 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

Level 8 (255 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • What you could have is called endometriosis. It's when the tissue inside the uterus travels out into other area and grows. It can cause cramping and unsual bleeding. It is a common thing among women to have happen. I'm not sure why your doc would want you to use Nuvaring with the IUD in place, but maybe for hormones? I work for a gyn and have never heard of her freezing tissue off a cervix for endometriosis, only for cases of HPV. If you want, PM me with more questions or if you want more info...I can aleays ask the doc I work for what she would do! ;)

    Answer by michelle121003 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • Ok, the one thing I learned throughout my endometriosis & ovarian cancer battle is; most doctor's are clueless! No offense but I think you need to seek a 2nd opinion, the whole idea of giving you the nuvaring is crazy when you already have the mirena. You do need to follow up or get another opinion because you might have endometriosis or something else, also you could be having an allergic reaction from the mirena. Please, please, please do not let that doctor "freeze" your cervix!!! At least seek a second opinion first!! Good luck, feel free to message me if you have questions or need to chat.

    Answer by Hope4Teal at 10:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2011