What do you think about someone whos drunk at someones funeral?

A friend of mine acts dumb when hes drunk. He told me hes getting drunk at his friends funeral. I think its extremely disrespectful. What do you think?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you!

Answer by older at 7:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• At some point, it is up to every person to behave. There are times to have a drink and there are times to act like a grown-up. A funeral is a grown-up occasion.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's very tacky. I would ask that person to leave.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think that is very rude and disrespectful. I don't know all the details, but what if he was drinking to cope? Death is a ver sad thing, and everyone handles it differently.
    Joelea

Answer by Joelea at 7:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think that is ignorant and disrespectful!!! He shouldn't even be allowed at the funeral. I don't care if he's "grieving" or not. He can put down the bottle for that one day.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Maybe rude, but some people deal with the loss of a friend/relative by getting drunk, so I wouldn't judge. My SIL got wasted at her husband's funeral.
    dotsicle

Answer by dotsicle at 8:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My first reaction is extreme sadness... that the drunk person must be in such a state of depression, with out someone to turn to, that they can not function and feel they must get drunk.

If this is your friend... I suppose you should try to help him out... be there for him.  He is obviously in alot of pain.

However, if he IS a drunk... then why would you be surprised?

Anonymous

• I totally agree w/ you. Cant he wait till after the funeral (&the wake?!) No one wants to see that. Besides, alcohol & funerals dont mix, with alcohol being a DEPRESSANT and all! What a turd! I hope you can talk him out of it! (*Sorry for your loss)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's trashy, but maybe the only way he knows how to deal.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My grandfather had an Irish/Scottish one... held off for a month so everyone could grieve... than drink at his!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011